"Our Forever Family"

"Our Forever Family"
Disneyland 2014

Matt & I (Jenice) have been married since August 2001. We currently live in San Tan Valley (Queen Creek), AZ, with our 3 kiddos.



Matt is still working for Southwest Ambulance. He's in Queen Creek it's nice to have him close! He's also enrolled in Nursing school and it keeps him very busy.


I am happy being a stay at home mommy! I'm in the Relief Society Presidency, and shuttle my kids to and from various activities. I also run a bead business out of the house, and am a licensed Realtor.


Amberlyn is now 11. She likes her dance classes, and loves playing with her friends. She loves her 6th grade class! Denver, 8, is a 4th grader! He likes video games and playing with his friends too. Baby Hudson is already 3! He's a super smiley and happy addition to our family. He loves Preschool and Mickey Mouse. He is just like Denver was, he'll do anything for a laugh!



That's our family! We'll keep you updated on our lives!



March 11, 2010

Too much T.V.

"Help! Heeeelllpppp! ¡Ayúdeme!!!!!!!!" (uh-yoo-duh-may) Denver yells from his bedroom. He has been playing in his bed, and is now tangled in the sheets. It takes me back to when Amberlyn was that age. She would yell to be let out of her high chair, "Help! Heeeelllpppp! ¡Ayúdeme!!!!!!!!" I think they've been watching too much Dora & Diego, what do you think? (I should mention here thet ayudeme is spanish for help me)

I think the tv influence is high in our house. Denver is Mr. Propaganda. He's the reason advertisers have commercials. He'll come bursting into my room exclaiming, "Mom!!! We gotta get wunna those!" When I ask him what we 'gotta get', the response is "Skechers!" or "Apple Jacks!" or whatever he's just seen. He's not picky though. Pretty much anything he sees he thinks he has to have, even if it's not child-related in any way, like, "Mom, can we get Oxy Clean?!" Me, "Denver, we have Oxy Clean." Then he replies with an all knowing "ohhhhhh."

Right now, Denver's feeding me Froot Loops one at a time as I type. I quickly munch them from his fingers, pretending I'm going to eat his hands, and he laughs. He has a great laugh.

It's a good time of day. My kids are usually pretty good during the day. But it's usually somewhere around 6:00 I begin to lose patience. That's about the time I begin to realize why some animal mothers eat their young. That's the time that bedtime can't come soon enough. Thank goodness I have Bunko tonight, and my brother will deal with them.

Denver has disappeared........too quiet........

Aaahhhhhhhh! Powder all over the carpet!

And so it begins......

4 comments:

IandS said...

I can only laugh because the same happens in my house except the witching hour for me starts at 5:00

Chasey Family said...

oh yeah, it starts around 5 for me too!

Unknown said...

Cheyanna saw me cleaning up a spill with my swiffer one day and said "Do you never want to go back to your old mop again?" She is going to be the little old lady who stays up and buys EVERYTHING she sees off of the late night infomercials. Lol! We also watch entirely WAY too much Dora and Diego. Deegan tells me random things about animals ALL of the time.

The Shiflet Family said...

Been there many many times. When Austin was almost 6, we were at Walmart, and he informed me that I needed to buy green bags to help keep our "produce and vegetables" fresh up to 2 weeks longer....now, I know he gets his memory of commercials and movies from me...but still....he was watching wayyyy tooo much tv! But it is always good for a laugh...and at least they are learning something that they can use later in life...like if they go on a trip to Mexico, and have car trouble, they can yell "Ayudeme!" :)

(Well, not yet. But I'm working on it!)