"Our Forever Family"

"Our Forever Family"
Disneyland 2014

Matt & I (Jenice) have been married since August 2001. We currently live in San Tan Valley (Queen Creek), AZ, with our 3 kiddos.



Matt is still working for Southwest Ambulance. He's in Queen Creek it's nice to have him close! He's also enrolled in Nursing school and it keeps him very busy.


I am happy being a stay at home mommy! I'm in the Relief Society Presidency, and shuttle my kids to and from various activities. I also run a bead business out of the house, and am a licensed Realtor.


Amberlyn is now 11. She likes her dance classes, and loves playing with her friends. She loves her 6th grade class! Denver, 8, is a 4th grader! He likes video games and playing with his friends too. Baby Hudson is already 3! He's a super smiley and happy addition to our family. He loves Preschool and Mickey Mouse. He is just like Denver was, he'll do anything for a laugh!



That's our family! We'll keep you updated on our lives!



September 17, 2011

Acrobats? Us? Whaaaatttt!!!??!?!

A gal I went to high school with posted that she was in a trapeze group and they were having a free show on Saturday night. (She used to be a trick-ski-er at Sea World, she was the top of the skiing pyramid!) I hadn't seen her in years and thought it would be fun to take the kiddos to the show. We invited a friend and her munchkins to go, loaded up the jammie-clad kids into the car, and headed out to Gilbert. We set up our camp chairs in the audience area, got some popcorn, and sat back to watch the acrobats!

There were several "flyers", each went 2 times. It seemed to be a 'recital' of sorts, sort of like a dance or piano recital, but they were showing what they had learned to do on the trapeze! It was fun to watch! The kids were enthralled, watching intently as they snacked on their popcorn, and some treats and juice that I'd brought. Each time a new flyer was ready to go, they would announce their name, and the trick they were going to do, such as a half-nest, or an over-top, etc. After each announcement, Denver would ask, "Mom, what's a half nest?" or whatever trick they had announced. Every time. Without fail. Kristen, the friend that went with us, started laughing at how often he asked. I would always say, "I don't know, let's watch and find out."

It was a good show! Afterwards, they announced that for a fee, you could have a turn flying! Well of course the kids wanted to try, and really, how often do you get to go on a flying trapeze with the greatest of ease?!? I thought it would be an awesome experience! The age minimum was 4-years old, Denver just made the cut off! So all three of us, (Daddy was at work unfortunately), plus my friend's son Andrew, signed our waivers, headed to the loading area, and waited for our safety harnesses. A guy explained what we would be doing as he suited us up, and one at a time we climbed the VERY tall ladder to the top of the jump board!

Denver was first, he had a blast! Yes...that's my 4-year old... on a trapeze.




Amberlyn came next! She was wearing a night gown, which we tried to rig a way to close, but in the end, she's just a fun loving upside down 7 year old!


Then was me. Did I mention that I'm afraid of heights? What was I thinking....
The hardest part was jumping off the board, which I told my feet to do several times until they finally listened. It was definitely scary! A huge adrenalin rush! I was still shaking when we got into the car to come home.



The kids had a bast, and now want to go to trapeze school!

As I tucked then in bed when we got home, I asked them what their favorite part of the night was. Amberlyn said it was watching the acrobats and going on the trapeze. Denver said it was watching me on the trapeze. aaawwww...

Who knows, we may just be a circus family...!

3 comments:

Logan & Nicole said...

You are CRAZY!!! How fun! Let us know when you are coming to Wichita and we will come watch the Flying Smiths!

McCrazys said...

Ok I just watched all of your awesome videos with the kids. I was screaming and shrieking when your video came up! You were amazing! Loved the flip! You have such great trapeze technique! Can I have your autograph?

McCrazys said...

From Shauna-

That was absolutely fantastic! The kids were great but you stole the show Jenice!

(Well, not yet. But I'm working on it!)