"Our Forever Family"

"Our Forever Family"
Disneyland 2014

Matt & I (Jenice) have been married since August 2001. We currently live in San Tan Valley (Queen Creek), AZ, with our 3 kiddos.



Matt is still working for Southwest Ambulance. He's in Queen Creek it's nice to have him close! He's also enrolled in Nursing school and it keeps him very busy.


I am happy being a stay at home mommy! I'm in the Relief Society Presidency, and shuttle my kids to and from various activities. I also run a bead business out of the house, and am a licensed Realtor.


Amberlyn is now 11. She likes her dance classes, and loves playing with her friends. She loves her 6th grade class! Denver, 8, is a 4th grader! He likes video games and playing with his friends too. Baby Hudson is already 3! He's a super smiley and happy addition to our family. He loves Preschool and Mickey Mouse. He is just like Denver was, he'll do anything for a laugh!



That's our family! We'll keep you updated on our lives!



August 3, 2009

1st Day of Kindergarten!

Today was Amberlyn's 1st day of kindergarten!! We've been on a family vacation for nearly 2 weeks (more on that later) and got home Saturday night. On Sunday, Amberlyn and I got her school things ready. We put her new folder together, labeled all her personal things, (I love my label maker!) got her backpack ready, packed her snack, and layed out her school clothes.
After dinner, she took a bath, got ready for bed, daddy gave her a special blessing, and she got all tucked in.
This morning, I got her up, made her some oatmeal while she got dressed, fixed her hail with bows I made after she went to bed, and off to school we went!
*Her first day of Kindergarten!*

It's too hot to walk all the way to school, but I didn't want to just drop her off either, so we parked on the side of the school (away from all the craziness), put Denver in the stroller, and walked to her new classroom. We met the teacher, (we were on vacation for the orientation) got the class info, and found her desk!
*Sitting at her desk in her classroom!**Of course I had to take pictures of her class!*
And her new teacher, Ms. Lin, was kind enough to pose for a picture! (I wasn't the only mom doing it, so I thought it was okay.)
*Amberlyn & Ms. Lin*
Denver and I left the classroom and headed to our car. We saw a neighbor dropping off her daughter in Amberlyn's class, and walked with her for a moment, and it was all I could do not to cry! (Yes, I'm a big baby. I get it from my mother!) I loaded Denver into the car and called Matt to tell him that we got Amberlyn off to school okay. We stopped for gas and a Dr. Pepper, and I had to text all my family to tell them how grown up my little girl is! My mom texted me back, and told me that on my first day of kindergarten, I came home and told her all about the little potties, and the tiny squares of toilet paper! I can wait to her what Amberlyn has to say about her first day! She gets out in an hour, so I'm sure I'll write again today!

2 comments:

Marie said...

They grow up so fast!! I can't believe that you have a kindergartener already! It will definitely be fun to see what she says about her first day.

On a side note: did you know that I contribute to a coupon blog? You should check it out. Right now we are holding a discussion about the different coupon systems that we use.

shoppingwithcents.blogspot.com

IandS said...

Yay, you're back from your vacation.
I can't believe you have a kindergartner - how fun and you're so brave not to cry:)

(Well, not yet. But I'm working on it!)