"Our Forever Family"

"Our Forever Family"
Disneyland 2014

Matt & I (Jenice) have been married since August 2001. We currently live in San Tan Valley (Queen Creek), AZ, with our 3 kiddos.



Matt is still working for Southwest Ambulance. He's in Queen Creek it's nice to have him close! He's also enrolled in Nursing school and it keeps him very busy.


I am happy being a stay at home mommy! I'm in the Relief Society Presidency, and shuttle my kids to and from various activities. I also run a bead business out of the house, and am a licensed Realtor.


Amberlyn is now 11. She likes her dance classes, and loves playing with her friends. She loves her 6th grade class! Denver, 8, is a 4th grader! He likes video games and playing with his friends too. Baby Hudson is already 3! He's a super smiley and happy addition to our family. He loves Preschool and Mickey Mouse. He is just like Denver was, he'll do anything for a laugh!



That's our family! We'll keep you updated on our lives!



August 5, 2009

Kindergarten!! (the realization)

Well Amberlyn L-O-V-E-S her Kindergarten class! When I picked her up on the first day, she told me all about it! They colored a picture, sat in a circle on an alphabet rug & sang songs, watched "The Hungry Hungry Caterpillar", ate her snack I had packed her, and played on the playground. "Mom! We had recess! Recess is when you get to go out and play on the playground!" she informed me. She was also very impressed with the "chalkboard on the tv". Having not been in a classroom in hum-diddly-hum-drum years, I had no idea what she was talking about. An overhead projector perhaps? I asked my teacher friends/relatives, and found out it's a new-fangled thing called a Smartboard, an interactive computerized whiteboard thingie. What will they come up with next? Anyway, she had a blast, and couldn't wait to go back!
Amberlyn is getting so big, and it snuck up on me. And my life has changed dramatically in the last few days, with her being in school! It suddenly occured to me, on Sunday night, that I was going to have to take her to school every day! I was prepared for Monday, but then I realized I would have to take her on Tuesday as well! And, wait a minute... Wednesday too! And Thursday and Friday, and every school day from now on! No more 2 days a week like preschool! I was going to help my sister-in-law move to Tucson next week, but it hit me that Amberlyn had to be in school, and I couldn't just leave whenever I wanted to anymore. No more week long trips, or going to visit my mom in Show Low on a whim.
And, get this, I have to get my hiney out of bed everyday at 6:45! Those of you that know me, know that I am NOT a morning person. At all. I haven't had an obligation to get up that early on a regular basis since I was in school! I do have to admit however, that I thrive on routine, and I think this will be a good change for me. I enjoy helping Amberlyn choose her clothes everynight, and getting her backpack ready, and packing her snack each day, and getting her out the door and to her classroom. I makes me feel like a "real mom". Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I wasn't a real mom before, but the days of playing all day are gone, and have been replaced with a little more responsibility than had occured to me. They say your life changes when you have kids. It does. It changes again when they go to school!
I just wasn't prepared.

4 comments:

Miss Sue said...

Aint that the truth!! it bites sometimes being the adult. Glad so loves it though!!

McCrazys said...

Your Mommy realization is so cute! I'm sorry you have to get up so early but I think you are a great Mom.

Anonymous said...

Look out world..here comes Amberlyn!!! I still cry on the first days of school...though my daughter tells me, I need to get over it....enjoy the moment...they grow too fast and next thing you know..she'll be a junior in high school....

MARYAM said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
(Well, not yet. But I'm working on it!)