"Our Forever Family"

"Our Forever Family"
Disneyland 2014

Matt & I (Jenice) have been married since August 2001. We currently live in San Tan Valley (Queen Creek), AZ, with our 3 kiddos.



Matt is still working for Southwest Ambulance. He's in Queen Creek it's nice to have him close! He's also enrolled in Nursing school and it keeps him very busy.


I am happy being a stay at home mommy! I'm in the Relief Society Presidency, and shuttle my kids to and from various activities. I also run a bead business out of the house, and am a licensed Realtor.


Amberlyn is now 11. She likes her dance classes, and loves playing with her friends. She loves her 6th grade class! Denver, 8, is a 4th grader! He likes video games and playing with his friends too. Baby Hudson is already 3! He's a super smiley and happy addition to our family. He loves Preschool and Mickey Mouse. He is just like Denver was, he'll do anything for a laugh!



That's our family! We'll keep you updated on our lives!



September 10, 2009

Ouchy...pain

I know I've been gone awhile. I think I'm back. I think...not sure...I'll try. Anyway.
My tooth broke a couple weeks ago while eating nachos at Friday's! Turns out the silver filling I had, had cracked my tooth a while ago, and I never knew! It finally gave way and broke! After 3 dentists, I found one I like. Well, the tooth was not salvageable, and needed to come out. I opted to get an implant rather that a bridge. The bridge would unnecessarily damage surrounding teeth, and need to be replaced every 10-15 years. An implant will last the rest of my life, and not damage other teeth. We just need to be able to afford it. I went to have the tooth pulled, and just be a toothless hobo for awhile until we could afford the implant. Apparently, the tooth had been deteriorating or a while, and had eaten away at the bone underneath it. So, in order to prevent the surrounding teeth from caving in, because of the lack of bone structure to support them, I needed to get a bone graft! (Ya, that's just how I wanted to spend Matt's bonus.) They mix up freeze dried human bone, with some other stuff, and pack it in there. Gross. Beyond gross. While they were doing it, it smelled like turkey bone. You know, after you eat the turkey, and have the carcass left over? Ya, it smelled like that. Nasty. So now I have stitches and nasty bone ooze for a while. It still hurts too much to eat solid foods. So I'm living on oatmeal and mashed potatoes. The plus side? I should loose 20 pounds in no time!

It should be healed enough for the implant in 3 months. Maybe less. Then it has to heal again before I can get the crown that fits over the titanium screw that will go in my jaw. (That's the implant part, it replaces the root of the tooth.) Until then, I'll just be a toothless redneck!

7 comments:

Marie said...

That totally sucks. I'm sorry! But the upside is that you probably will lose weight! I work with a lady who had jaw surgery so she can't eat anything that needs to be chewed for like 18 months (crazy, I know!) and she has lost 30 lbs!

IandS said...

Oh that really does sound awful - I'm so sorry:(

McCrazys said...

So sorry Jenice! At least you have a jump on your Halloween costume! Guess I better get on the losing weight bandwagon... maybe you should start the No Chew Diet Plan! I'm so going to try it! Maybe...

Unknown said...

Haha, I love that you found the upside to this. :o) But you know, for 20 pounds I just might take my chances.

Anonymous said...

Oh I feel bad...but, I could use loosing 20lbs..I've been avoiding making my dentist appt....please let me and Lani know if you need anything....I hate having dental work....hang in there!!

BeckyinQC said...

Oh my goodness. . .that is terrible Jenice! I'm so sory you've been dealing with all that pain.

Btw, I LOVE the look of RazzBerry Pie Boutique. Looks great!

Miss Sue said...

Hate the dentist, hate the pain. But I bet your loving the pain pills though!

(Well, not yet. But I'm working on it!)