"Our Forever Family"

"Our Forever Family"
Disneyland 2014

Matt & I (Jenice) have been married since August 2001. We currently live in San Tan Valley (Queen Creek), AZ, with our 3 kiddos.



Matt is still working for Southwest Ambulance. He's in Queen Creek it's nice to have him close! He's also enrolled in Nursing school and it keeps him very busy.


I am happy being a stay at home mommy! I'm in the Relief Society Presidency, and shuttle my kids to and from various activities. I also run a bead business out of the house, and am a licensed Realtor.


Amberlyn is now 11. She likes her dance classes, and loves playing with her friends. She loves her 6th grade class! Denver, 8, is a 4th grader! He likes video games and playing with his friends too. Baby Hudson is already 3! He's a super smiley and happy addition to our family. He loves Preschool and Mickey Mouse. He is just like Denver was, he'll do anything for a laugh!



That's our family! We'll keep you updated on our lives!



September 19, 2008

Why I HATE T-Mobile!!!!!

I HATE T-MOBILE!!!!!
I purchased a phone with them in December of 2006, as a Christmas gift for my brother. The salesman LIED to me to make the sale! He told me that as soon as my brother turned 18, we would be able to transfer it into his name with no problems, and no credit check. I have been trying to get it switched over to my brothers name for almost year and a half! Every time we call them to do it, the "customer service" people tell me one thing, and tell my brother another thing. They keep giving me the run around. They said they don't transfer services without a credit check. I went back to the original salesman, and he blew me off!
I inquired about a different type of plan which would eliminate the hassle of the credit check. They said I could do a special plan, and even told me what to tell my brother to say when he called. When he did call, they told him that that was not something they did, and he still wasn't able to transfer the service to his name.
I would like to cancel my service with them, and they want to charge me the full cancellation fee, despite how many times they have lied to my in the past year and a half!!!
Again, I HATE T-MOBILE!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Fawn Harris said...

I know exactly what you mean. Cell phone companies suck really bad, I can't wait till our contract is up I am going to go with cricket. Small monthly fee and no contract.

(Well, not yet. But I'm working on it!)