"Our Forever Family"

"Our Forever Family"
Disneyland 2014

Matt & I (Jenice) have been married since August 2001. We currently live in San Tan Valley (Queen Creek), AZ, with our 3 kiddos.



Matt is still working for Southwest Ambulance. He's in Queen Creek it's nice to have him close! He's also enrolled in Nursing school and it keeps him very busy.


I am happy being a stay at home mommy! I'm in the Relief Society Presidency, and shuttle my kids to and from various activities. I also run a bead business out of the house, and am a licensed Realtor.


Amberlyn is now 11. She likes her dance classes, and loves playing with her friends. She loves her 6th grade class! Denver, 8, is a 4th grader! He likes video games and playing with his friends too. Baby Hudson is already 3! He's a super smiley and happy addition to our family. He loves Preschool and Mickey Mouse. He is just like Denver was, he'll do anything for a laugh!



That's our family! We'll keep you updated on our lives!



April 6, 2009

Camping trip!

We took a camping trip this weekend!
(For all those out there condemning me for not staying home to watch conference, I have 4 words: DVR, radio, internet, Ensign.)
We left Saturday about 10:30, and found a camping spot at 2:30. We went to Payson and drove around for a while, checking out different sites, trying to determine the one we wanted. A few were closed, some we're too busy for our liking, one wasn't far enough from "town". We finally settled on a campground called Ponderosa. They had sites with a fire ring, a table, and a camp grill. They had a bathroom a little ways away, (by bathroom, I mean a glorified porta-potty) but I still taught Amberlyn how to pee in the woods. (For any men out there who think peeing in the woods isn't something that needs "teaching", I disagree. Girls required certain rules. Like finding a tree to lean against that has little or no bark on it. Or making sure your feet are either "upstream" or well protected.) Sorry, probably too much information. Anyway, there was also a water spigot pump thingie for drinking water, lots of tall pines, and other campers that were not too close.

We set up our tent, Matt and the kids chopped and collected firewood.

(Matt, my hunter and gatherer)



The kids had a snack,

Something about being camping turns them into crazy children, especially Denver.

We made dinner. We were going to do foil dinners, but time ran short, so we cooked on the stove. Potatoes, carrots, onions, and meat, and barbecue sauce... great camping food! We made a dutch oven peach cobbler too!

I helped the kids make S'Mores,
which they enjoyed thoroughly.
Finally it was bed time! It was going to be a VERY cold night, so they got all bundled up in sleeper jammies, sleeping bags, and LOTS of blankets both on top and underneath.

After a good night's sleep, we got up to make breakfast. (Yes, Matt is wearing shorts. I packed his long pants for him, but anyone who knows Matt, knows he is ALWAYS wearing shorts.)


We made some hot chocolate and sat by the fire. The kids constantly fought over the stool, which Denver seems to have claimed victory over for the moment.


Exploring, running, climbing...

all a necessary part of camping.


By the time we packed up and drove home, they were both exhausted, and tuckered out on the way home!

It was a fun weekend and hopefully we'll do it again soon, or as soon as the night time temperature is a little warmer. It was COLD!

7 comments:

Logan & Nicole said...

What adorable little campers you guys have! You took some great pics, I felt like I was there. I know Matt always wears shorts, but seeing Denver bundled up with a coat and hat next to his Dad made it even more entertaining.

IandS said...

Wow, you made camping look fun. If I ever have to go in to the wilderness I vote that I am on your team:)

Chasey Family said...

Looks like a fun time!

McCrazys said...

Oh my goodness that video was hilarious! They were sooo grateful that Mommy and Daddy are letting them stay outdoors for more than 24 hours... every child's dream! I did crack up about Matt's shorts even though it is no surprise. I like the way you wrote this post up, very cute.

Anonymous said...

Now that is camping...having good food..is all I go for anyways... glad you got to get away..it's always fun to go camping, I did alot before I had children. I'd love to take my kids out there..you'll have to tell me the location...maybe we'll do camping this summer....

Miss Sue said...

now that looks a lot funner then most camping trips very cool.

Kasey said...

Amberlyn told us all about it! She must have had too much fun to remember how cold it was. She didn't even mention it. But that's so why we have a trailer! I don't do cold!

(Well, not yet. But I'm working on it!)