"Our Forever Family"

"Our Forever Family"
Disneyland 2014

Matt & I (Jenice) have been married since August 2001. We currently live in San Tan Valley (Queen Creek), AZ, with our 3 kiddos.



Matt is still working for Southwest Ambulance. He's in Queen Creek it's nice to have him close! He's also enrolled in Nursing school and it keeps him very busy.


I am happy being a stay at home mommy! I'm in the Relief Society Presidency, and shuttle my kids to and from various activities. I also run a bead business out of the house, and am a licensed Realtor.


Amberlyn is now 11. She likes her dance classes, and loves playing with her friends. She loves her 6th grade class! Denver, 8, is a 4th grader! He likes video games and playing with his friends too. Baby Hudson is already 3! He's a super smiley and happy addition to our family. He loves Preschool and Mickey Mouse. He is just like Denver was, he'll do anything for a laugh!



That's our family! We'll keep you updated on our lives!



March 25, 2009

It's hopeless.

My sister in law is getting married in just over 8 weeks. My other sisters in law and I have joined together to give each other support in trying to lose weight before the wedding. One of them has lost 9 pounds already. She rocks. I've been trying. I really have. I cut down on my sugar consumption. I try to walk more on my treadmill in the mornings to get my metabolism going. I eat a banana for breakfast instead of the donuts Matt brings home. I switched to 1% instead of 2% milk, and have been drinking more water. I watch my portion sizes at dinner time. I feel like I've really been trying. So WHY does the scale say I have GAINED 4 pounds!?

It lies.

Either that or I am dying. I think that there is a little bit of hypochondriac in all of us. My inner hypochondriac is convinced that I have an 8 pound tumor that is getting bigger by the day. That's why I haven't been losing weight. The stupid tumor is saving it for me!

Ya. That's it.

I've developed a huge cancerous tumor that is slowly killing me. I'm convinced it's on my ovary. I'll probably start planning my funeral. I haven't mentioned my inner turmoil to my hubby. I just told him I think I have a cyst. He'd tell me I was crazy if he knew the truth. I should tell him. So he can start cherishing every moment with me, since I will be gone in a year. That's how much time I have decided that I have. So I am going to throw the tv out the window! And cancel the internet! So I am not distracted and can spend all my time with my kids! We'll go to the beach, and to Disneyland, and go camping, and take long walks together. And we'll stay up late and stare at the stars, and name them one by one.

I guess I should go to the doctor to find out how much time I really have left. I made an appointment for next week with the 'girlie' doctor. So she can tell me I'm dying. Feel free to start sending your condolences now.

6 comments:

Miss Sue said...

how sad. I say the only funeral is for that blankity blank scale! bad bad liitle thing.

IandS said...

Is this whole post code for "I might be pregnant"?

Smith Family said...

Aaaaaccckkkk!!!!! NOOOO!!!

IandS said...

ok, then I'm sorry about the weight gain :( and the whole thinking you're going to die thing :(

Kasey said...

I'm sure you are right!

It actually took me several months of doing everything you said you did plus working out alot to finally see any results. I understand how frustrated you are. Good luck though. I so feel your pain!

Amy Smith-- The Bride :D said...

I understand being upset about weight gain, but I am pretty sure that 4 pounds would not drive me to the girly Dr. Let's just say I am not a big fan.

(Well, not yet. But I'm working on it!)